Photo by Miguel Esparza.
The SXSW Interactive Innovation Awards recognize the most exciting creative developments in the connected world, celebrating the ever-widening variety of technological advancements, achievements and discoveries.
Five Finalists in each of the 13 categories will be chosen to exhibit their projects at the fifth annual Interactive Innovation Awards Finalist Showcase during SXSW 2020, where the Finalist Judges will determine the winner in each category and the Best of Show. SXSW audiences attending the Finalist Showcase will also vote to determine the winner of the People’s Choice award. Participation in the Finalist Showcase is required for consideration in all award categories.
Winners will be announced and presented their awards at the 23rd annual SXSW Interactive Innovation Awards Ceremony during SXSW 2020.
A project or product entered into the Awards must have launched or have been completely redesigned in calendar year 2019 (between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.)
For Awards eligibility, “launched” may mean any of the following things:
- When a discovery is made, when a scientific paper is published, or when a patent is approved;
- When a physical device is made tangible, (i.e., a prototype);
- When the applicable regulatory body (FDA, FCC, etc.) approves a product or procedure for use;
- When the product is made commercially available; or
- When a project is publicly released.
- Early Entry: Monday, July 1, 2019 - Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Regular Entry: Friday, August 16, 2019 - Thursday, November 14, 2019
There will be no late entry period.
MORE INFORMATION For details and more info about the Interactive Innovation Awards categories, eligibility and Finalist Showcase, please visit the Interactive Innovation Awards page.