Photo by Ricardo Venegas.
The SXSW Innovation Awards recognize the most exciting creative developments in the connected world, celebrating the ever-widening variety of technological advancements, achievements and discoveries.
Five Finalists in each category will be chosen to exhibit their projects at the sixth annual Innovation Awards Finalist Showcase during SXSW 2023, where the Finalist Judges will determine the winner in each category and the Best of Show. SXSW audiences attending the Finalist Showcase will also vote to determine the winner of the People’s Choice award. Participation in the Finalist Showcase is required for consideration in all award categories.
A new element for the 2023 SXSW Innovation Awards is the Innovation at Work Awards, presented by The Mentor Method. Formally known as the Mosaic Awards, these awards acknowledge and celebrate exemplary leadership in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace with a clear, positive impact. Click here for more information and to apply for the Innovation at Work Awards.
Winners will be announced and presented their awards at the 25th annual SXSW Innovation Awards Ceremony on the evening of Monday, March 13 at the Austin Convention Center. Winners of the Innovation At Work Awards will also be honored at this March 13 ceremony.
- Early Entry: Tuesday, August 23, 2022 to 11:59 pm PT on Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Regular Entry: Monday, October 3, 2022 to 11:59 pm PT on Sunday, November 13, 2022
Late entries will not be accepted.
A project or product entered into the Awards must have launched or have been completely redesigned in calendar year 2022 (between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022.)
For Awards eligibility, "launched" may mean any of the following things:
- When a discovery is made, when a scientific paper is published, or when a patent is approved;
- When a physical device is made tangible, (i.e., a prototype);
- When the applicable regulatory body (FDA, FCC, etc.) approves a product or procedure for use;
- When the product is made commercially available; or
- When a project is publicly released.
MORE INFORMATION For details and more info about the Innovation Awards categories, eligibility and Finalist Showcase, please visit the Innovation Awards page.