Photo by Andy Wenstrand.
The SXSW Innovation Awards recognize the most exciting creative developments in the connected world, celebrating the ever-widening variety of technological advancements, achievements and discoveries.
Five Finalists in each category will be chosen to exhibit their projects at the seventh annual Innovation Awards Finalist Showcase during SXSW 2024, where the Finalist Judges will determine the winner in each category and the Best of Show. SXSW audiences attending the Finalist Showcase will also vote to determine the winner of the People’s Choice award. Participation in the Finalist Showcase is required for consideration in all award categories.
Winners will be announced and presented their awards at the 26th annual SXSW Innovation Awards Ceremony on the evening of Monday, March 11 at the Austin Convention Center.
- Early Entry Rate $75: Tuesday, June 27, 2023 to Sunday, September 10, 2023 at 11:59pm PT
- Regular Entry Rate $175: Monday, September 11, 2023 to Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 11:59pm PT
Late entries will not be accepted.
A project or product entered into the Awards must have launched or been completely redesigned in calendar year 2023 (between January 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023).
For Awards eligibility, “launched” may mean any of the following things:
- When a discovery is made, when a scientific paper is published, or when a patent is approved;
- When a physical device is made tangible, (i.e., a prototype);
- When the applicable regulatory body (FDA, FCC, etc.) approves a product or procedure for use;
- When the product is made commercially available; or
- When a project is publicly released.
MORE INFORMATION For details and more info about the Innovation Awards categories, eligibility and Finalist Showcase, please visit the Innovation Awards page.