Photo by Chisum Pierce.
The SXSW Innovation Awards recognize the most exciting creative developments in the connected world, celebrating the ever-widening variety of technological advancements, achievements and discoveries.
Five Finalists in each category will be chosen to exhibit their projects at the fifth annual Innovation Awards Finalist Showcase during SXSW 2022, where the Finalist Judges will determine the winner in each category and the Best of Show. SXSW audiences attending the Finalist Showcase will also vote to determine the winner of the People’s Choice award. Participation in the Finalist Showcase is required for consideration in all award categories.
Winners will be announced and presented their awards at the 24th annual SXSW Innovation Awards Ceremony during SXSW 2022.
A project or product entered into the Awards must have launched or have been completely redesigned in calendar year 2021 (between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021.)
For Awards eligibility, "launched" may mean any of the following things:
- When a discovery is made, when a scientific paper is published, or when a patent is approved;
- When a physical device is made tangible, (i.e., a prototype);
- When the applicable regulatory body (FDA, FCC, etc.) approves a product or procedure for use;
- When the product is made commercially available; or
- When a project is publicly released.
- Early Entry: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - Thursday, August 19, 2021
- Regular Entry: Friday, August 20, 2021 - Thursday, November 11, 2021
There will be no late entry period.
MORE INFORMATION For details and more info about the Innovation Awards categories, eligibility and Finalist Showcase, please visit the Innovation Awards page.