Photo by Steven Snow
The SXSW EDU Launch competition (“Launch”) is an opportunity for early-stage companies seeking market exposure, investment, and strategic partnerships to showcase their innovative products. Selected companies will pitch in front of a panel of industry experts and educators, as well as a live audience at SXSW EDU 2019.
Apply here by Friday, November 9, 2018 to have your company considered for Launch occurring at SXSW EDU March 4-7, 2019 in Austin, Texas.
A company's product or service must:
- Have launched no earlier than January 1, 2017.
- Have not launched after June 4, 2020.
- Have launched an early-stage startup company in the education market.
- Be incorporated with a management team and public-facing website.
- Be able to convey a sustainable business model.
- Be able to demonstrate user traction, engagement and adoption metrics.
- Not have raised over $5 million in funds from combined funding sources at time of application.
To view the application, click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the page. Please note there is a fee associated with this application, but you will not be asked to commit to purchasing until you have completed the application and are ready to submit.
Once you begin the application, you can save and continue your work as you go until you decide to submit your completed application, which you can do at a later time up until the application deadline.
Please note that there is a $200 application fee.
- Creativity: Originality of the idea
- Potential: Longevity, actualization, and profitability of the idea.
- Functionality: Usability of interface for the idea.
- Team/People: How will your team make your company a success.
- Impact: Potential to improve educational outcomes
Finalists will be selected with the help of the Launch Advisory Committee and invited to present at SXSW EDU.