Photo by Diego Donamaria
The SXSW EDU Launch startup competition (“Launch Competition”) is an opportunity for early stage companies seeking market exposure, investment and strategic partnerships to showcase their innovative products. Selected companies will pitch in front of a jury of industry experts and educators, as well as a live audience at SXSW EDU 2018.
Apply here to have your company considered for Launch occurring at SXSW EDU March 5-8, 2018 in Austin, Texas.
- Have launched an early stage startup company in the education market.
- Be incorporated with a management team and public facing website.
- Be able to convey a sustainable business model.
- Be able to demonstrate user traction, engagement and adoption metrics.
- Must not have raised over $2 million in funds from combined funding sources at time of application.
To view the application, click the “Buy Now” button at the bottom of the page. Please note there is a fee associated with this application, but you will not be asked to commit to purchasing until you have completed the application and are ready to submit. Once you begin the Launch application, you can save and continue your work as you go until you decide to submit your completed application, which you can do at a later time up until the application deadline.
- Creativity: Originality of the idea
- Potential: Longevity, actualization and profitability of the idea.
- Functionality: Usability of interface for the idea.
- Team/People: Who is your team and how will they make your company a success.
Finalists will be selected with the help of the Learn by Design Advisory Committee and invited to present at SXSW EDU.
Please note that there is a $200 application fee assessed at the end of this process.