Photo by Holly Gee
The SXSW EDU Launch competition (“Launch”) is an opportunity for early-stage companies seeking market exposure, investment, and strategic partnerships to showcase their innovative products and services. Selected companies will pitch in front of a panel of industry experts and educators, as well as a live audience at SXSW EDU 2023, with additional opportunities to showcase their products and services and network with the community.
Apply by Friday, October 28, 2022 to have your company considered for Launch occurring at SXSW EDU, March 6-9, 2023 in Austin, Texas.
- The SXSW EDU Launch competition is open to early-stage startup companies in the education market.
- Companies must be established with a management team and public-facing website, able to convey a sustainable business model and able to demonstrate user traction, engagement, and adoption metrics.
- Companies who have raised over $8 million in funds from combined funding sources at the time of application are ineligible.
- Each applicant is only eligible to present in one of the SXSW startup events (SXSW Pitch or SXSW EDU Launch). If you apply and are selected as a finalist for both, you will need to choose in which competition you’d like to present.
Once you begin the application, you can save and continue your work as you go until you decide to submit your completed application, which you can do at a later time up until the application deadline.
Please note there is a fee associated with this application, but you will not be asked to commit to purchasing until you have completed the application and are ready to submit.
A panel of judges will decide the winner at the event in March based on the following criteria:
- Creativity: How original is this product or service?
- Potential: What is the longevity, actualization, and profitability of the idea?
- Functionality: How accessible and effective is this product for its intended users?
- Team/People: How will your team make your company a success?
- Impact: What is the product's potential to improve educational outcomes?
Finalists will be selected with the help of the Launch Advisory Committee and invited to present at SXSW EDU 2023 in Austin, Texas.
For additional information on Launch, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.