Film Festival Virtual Cinema submissions for SXSW Film 2019 are now CLOSED.
DO NOT COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION UNLESS YOU HAVE A COUPON TO DO SO. Feature film, short film, and music video submissions for 2019 are now closed. We do grant film submission deadline extensions – please request one using our Extension Request Form.
Registrants journey into interstellar space with a performance of Beethoven’s Fifth, First Movement by the Philharmonia Orchestra, London during this world premiere at SXSW Virtual Cinema. Photo by Ann Alva Wieding.
Do you want to showcase your Virtual Reality, Mixed Reality, or Augmented Reality project at SXSW 2019? If so, you are in the right place!
You are filling out a Virtual Cinema application for a Virtual Reality, Mixed Reality or Augmented Reality project.
Please take a moment to read the Film Submissions FAQ for answers to common application questions.
SXSW requires that all VR/MR/AR projects submit a link to a 360 version of your project, or a 2D playthrough, at the time of submission. You may also include a link to a downloadable build of your project. If you change this link or any of your login information prior to March 2019 without contacting SXSW, your project may become ineligible for consideration.
- Your link must be to a secure, 360 online version of your project or 2D playthrough via an external site (e.g. your own website, YouTube 360, etc.)
- Your link must be working before you complete your submission application
- Your link must be available through March 2019
- All accepted projects MUST provide a docent and their preferred HMD for the duration of the exhibition during SXSW 2019 in Austin, TX.
To keep important SXSW emails from landing in your spam folder, add the following address to your contact list: email@example.com.
- Early Deadline: Thursday, August 23, 2018
- Official Deadline: Thursday, September 20, 2018
- Late Deadline: Thursday, October 18, 2018
*All deadlines end at 11:59pm PT
All applicants will be notified of their final status on or before Friday, February 8, 2019.
Please provide the information below to apply for Virtual Cinema. SXSW will review your application and you will be notified regarding whether or not you have been selected to participate.