Film Festival VR/AR/MR Exhibition submissions for SXSW Film 2020 are now CLOSED.
Photo by Ann Alva Wieding.
Do you want to showcase your Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, or Mixed Reality project at SXSW 2020? If so, you are in the right place!
Please take a moment to read the Film Submissions FAQ for answers to common application questions.
SXSW requires that all VR/AR/MR projects submit a link to a 360 version of your project, or a 2D playthrough, at the time of submission. You may also include a link to a downloadable build of your project. If you change this link or any of your login information prior to March 2020 without contacting SXSW, your project may become ineligible for consideration.
- Your link must be to a secure, online version of your film via an external site (i.e. your own website, Vimeo, etc.)
- Your link must be working before you complete your submission application
- Your link must be available through March 2020
All projects invited to the festival must provide a docent and their preferred Head-Mounted Display (HMD) for the duration of the exhibition during SXSW 2020 in Austin, TX.
To keep important SXSW emails from landing in your spam folder, add the following address to your contact list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Early Deadline: Thursday, August 22, 2019
- Official Deadline: Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Late Deadline: Thursday, October 17, 2019
*All deadlines end at 11:59pm PT
All applicants will be notified of their final status on or before Friday, February 7, 2020.