Photo by Katrina Barber.
Do you want to showcase your immersive project at SXSW 2024? If so, you are in the right place.
Please take a moment to read the Film & TV Submissions FAQ for answers to common application questions.
Please only submit your application when your project is in the most complete and finished form possible. Please be aware SXSW will not screen multiple updates/versions of your project for programming consideration. We will only screen the first cut submitted. SXSW does not accept trailers, but will accept work-in-progress cuts (picture lock with temp sound, color, etc.)
SXSW requires that all XR projects submit a link to a streamable 360 video version of your project or a 2D playthrough at the time of submission. We also encourage you to include a link to a downloadable build of your project. If you change these links or any of your login information prior to March 2024 and do not inform SXSW, your project could be disqualified.
- Your submission link must be to a secure, streamable version of your project or 2D playthrough via an external site (e.g. your own website, YouTube 360, etc.)
- Your submission link must be working before you complete your submission application
- Your submission link must be available through March 2024
For more information, see the Submission Link section of the application.
You will receive a confirmation email from SXSW within 48 hours of your submission. This email will confirm that your project has been submitted correctly. If you do not receive this letter within 48 hours, you should follow up by email to ensure your film has been submitted properly and is under consideration.
To keep important SXSW emails from landing in your spam folder, add the following address to your contact list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First Deadline: Tuesday, August 29, 2023 ($40)
- Second Deadline: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 ($55)
- Final Deadline: Tuesday, October 3, 2023 ($75)
*All deadlines end at 11:59pm PT
All applicants will be notified of their final status no later than Tuesday, February 13, 2024.
All projects invited to the festival may be required to provide a docent and their preferred supported devices for the duration of the exhibition during SXSW 2024 in Austin, TX