Film & TV Festival Feature Film submissions for SXSW Film & TV 2024 are now CLOSED.
Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for SXSW.
Want to participate in the 2024 SXSW Film & TV Festival? If you’ve got a feature-length film to submit, you’re in the right place.
All Feature Film submissions must be over 40 minutes in length.
Please take a moment to read the Film & TV Submissions FAQ for answers to common application questions.
Please submit your application only when your film is in the most complete and finished form possible. Please be aware SXSW will not screen multiple updates/versions of your film for programming consideration. We will only screen the first cut submitted. SXSW does not accept trailers or rough assemblies as submissions, but will accept work-in-progress cuts (picture lock with temp sound, color, etc.).
SXSW requires all feature-length films be submitted via link. If you change this link or any of your login information and do not inform SXSW, your film could be disqualified.
- Your submission link must be to a secure, online version of your film via an external site (i.e. your own website, Vimeo, unlisted Youtube, etc.)
- Your submission link must be working before you complete your submission application
- Your submission link must be available through March 2024
For more information, see the Submission Link section of the application.
You will receive a confirmation email from SXSW within 48 hours of your submission. This email will confirm that your film has been submitted correctly. If you do not receive this letter within 48 hours, please follow up via email to ensure your film has been submitted properly and is under consideration.
To keep important SXSW emails from landing in your spam folder, add the following address to your contact list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First Deadline: Tuesday, August 29, 2023 ($60)
- Second Deadline: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 ($80)
- Final Deadline: Tuesday, October 3, 2023 ($110)
*All deadlines end at 11:59pm PT
All applicants will be informed of the status of their project no later than Tuesday, February 13, 2024.
Films invited to the festival will only be screened on DCP.