SXSWedu 2016 Image by Cris Dewitt
Learn by Design is a platform created to encourage designers and educators to collaboratively discover and celebrate design-based solutions to challenges within education.
Apply here by Friday, November 18 to share your innovative design solutions to everyday education challenges at SXSWedu, March 6-9, 2017 in Austin, TX.
The SXSWedu Learn by Design competition is open to projects and design solutions that enhance learning environments for students at every age that fall within the following categories.
- Conceptual: Projects that do not yet exist in a physical form.
- Experiential: Projects that enhance or create an interactive learning environment.
- Physical: Projects that have moved past the conceptual phase and now exist.
To view the application, please click the “Buy Now” button at the bottom of the page. Please note there is a fee associated with this application, but you will not be asked to commit to purchasing until you have completed the application and are ready to submit. Once you begin the Learn by Design application and save your work you will be able to finish your submission at a later time.
Finalists will be selected with the help of our Learn by Design Advisory Committee and asked to present at SXSWedu during March 6-9, 2017. A panel of judges will decide the winners in each category at the event in March based on the following criteria:
- Innovative: How original is this project or idea?
- Accessible: Is this a design that could be used by a diverse group of learners?
- Effective: How impactful and efficient is this design in an educational space?
- Practical: Is this design feasible within a learning space? Would it detract or improve current pedagogical environments?
Please note there is a $50 application fee at the end of application.