Pink Sweat$, performing at the @TwitterMusic showcase at SXSW 2019 - Photo by Naveed Parekh
Apply now for the opportunity to perform at SXSW Online, our digital experience, taking place from March 16-20, 2021, and gain unparalleled access to an audience of industry professionals, international media and new fans. If we are permitted by the relevant health authorities to host a physical event, we will curate that program separately.
Please take a minute to refer to the Music Showcase FAQ for answers to common questions.
Due to the limited number of acts we are able to showcase during the virtual event, applications will not be open to the public this year.
Programming will be curated by the SXSW Music Festival staff with showcase presenters, artists and partners who were scheduled for the 2020 event being given priority consideration for SXSW Online. While priority is being given to those invited to participate in the 2020 event, we cannot guarantee an invitation to showcase in 2021; the number of invitations extended this year will be very limited relative to the SXSW main event.
- One official SXSW showcase performance is guaranteed per invited act.
- Showcase slots run an average of 20 minutes (some exceptions may apply).
- Showcases will be scheduled for broadcast between March 16-20, 2021.
- SXSW does not provide artist backline or cover travel and accommodation expenses.
- Because SXSW Online 2021 will not be an in-person event, please be aware that, if invited, you will be expected to provide a remote performance that meets our minimum technical requirements in order to maintain a high-quality showcase event.
Music Showcase Applications are open to:
- All genres
- Solo acts and/or full bands
- Artists from any part of the world
Within 48 hours of submitting you will receive a confirmation email from SXSW. If you do not receive notification within 48 hours, please follow up by email to ensure your showcase application has been submitted properly and is under consideration.