SXSW 2018 Music Festival showcasing band Jade Bird performs at the British Music Embassy. Jade Bird won the SXSW Grulke Prize for Developing Non-U.S. Act. Photo by Lisa Walker.
Apply now for the opportunity to perform at the 2019 SXSW Music Festival, March 11-17, and gain unparalleled access to an audience of industry professionals, international media and new fans.
Please take a minute to reference the Music Showcase FAQ for answers to common questions.
The fee for an application completed by September 13, 2018 (11:59pm PT) is $35. After September 13, 2018, the application fee increases to $55. The final deadline to apply has been extended to October 28, 2018 (11:59pm PT). You will be charged the rate listed at the time of final submission. All applicants will be notified of their status on or before January 18, 2019. SXSW is not able to issue any refunds.
Music Showcase Applications are open to:
- All genres
- Solo acts and/or full bands
- Artists from any part of the world
Invited Artists are guaranteed at least one showcase slot:
- Showcase slots run an average of 40 minutes (some exceptions may apply)
- Slots will be scheduled March 11-17, 2019 generally between 7pm-2am (exceptions do apply)
- Venue, time and date assignment will vary
- SXSW does not provide artist backline nor cover travel and accommodation expenses
Within 48 hours of submitting you will receive a confirmation email from SXSW. If you do not receive notification within 48 hours, please follow up by email to ensure your showcase application has been submitted properly and is under consideration.