Photo by Errich Petersen.
To support and cultivate the next generation of filmmakers, SXSW Film hosts a special competition for students enrolled in Texas high schools.
All Texas High School Short submissions must be under 5 minutes in length, and created and produced while the filmmaker was enrolled in a Texas high school between January 1 - December 10, 2021.
SXSW requires all short films to be submitted via URL link. If you change this link or any of your login information prior to March 2022 without contacting SXSW, your film may become ineligible for consideration.
- Your Submission Link must be to a secure, online version of your project via an external site e.g. your own website.
- Your Submission Link must be working before you complete your submission application
- Your Submission Link must be available through March 2022
Please take a moment to read the Film Submissions FAQ for answers to common application questions.
For more information, see the Submission Link section of the application.
You will receive a confirmation email from SXSW within 48 hours of your submission. This email will confirm that your film has been submitted correctly. If you do not receive this letter within 48 hours, you should follow up via email to ensure your film has been submitted properly and is under consideration.
To keep important SXSW emails from landing in your spam folder, add the following address to your contact list: email@example.com.
- First Deadline: Tuesday, September 14, 2021
- Second Deadline: Tuesday, October 5, 2021
- Final Deadline: Tuesday, December 14, 2021
*All deadlines end at 11:59pm PT
All applicants will be informed of the status of their project no later than Tuesday, February 15, 2022.
Texas High School Shorts invited to the festival will only be screened on DCP.