By entering this application to SXSW, LLC (“SXSW”), I (referred to as “I”, “you”, “me”, “my” or “applicant”) acknowledge and agree to the following Terms and Conditions:\
- I reviewed the terms of this application, which application terms, including, without limitation, the eligibility criteria and entry deadlines, are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions, and I agree to those application terms.
- Entering this application does not guarantee my selection to participate in SXSW 2022. SXSW will only review and consider completed applications for inclusion in SXSW 2022. SXSW’s selection decisions are based on the criteria set forth in the application and these Terms and Conditions, and its decisions are made in SXSW’s sole, unreviewable discretion. SXSW is under no obligation to provide feedback to applicants.
- The application fee is for SXSW receiving, handling, reviewing, and processing my application, and is not refundable for any reason, including, without limitation, if my application is not accepted or if I am no longer able to participate in SXSW 2022 for any reason. If I am accepted to participate in SXSW, and the activity I am accepted for does not take place as part of SXSW 2022 for any reason, I may request an application fee waiver to apply to the next scheduled SXSW event. SXSW can be contacted with questions about fees at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to entering this application.
- SXSW will treat my submission information as confidential, but I understand and agree that: (a) I am responsible for protecting my intellectual property rights; and (b) sharing proprietary information on the internet carries inherent risks, including piracy, and I assume those risks unless they are the result of SXSW’s gross negligence.
- I represent and warrant that the information I provided in this application is accurate, I have the rights necessary to enter this application, all aspects of the work underlying this application are my own and do not infringe on the rights of any third party, my application and work underlying the application does not violate any agreement(s) or understanding by which I’m bound, including, without limitation, any confidentiality, employment, consulting, intellectual property assignment or license agreement, nor would my participation in SXSW violate any such agreement(s).
- I hereby indemnify, defend, and hold harmless SXSW, its parents, subsidiaries, owners, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from any and all responsibility or liability arising out of or in connection with: (a) any breach of my representations or warranties contained herein; and (b) my violation of these Terms and Conditions and/or any guidelines, policies and terms provided by SXSW.
- This application does not grant me the rights to use the SXSW trademarks or other proprietary intellectual property. I agree to comply with the SXSW Trademark Guidelines.
- I agree and consent that SXSW may perpetually use, publish, distribute and publicly perform content embodying my name, voice, likeness, image, biographical information, statements, and other identifying materials, only if such content is provided by me, or, if I’m selected to participate in SXSW 2022, in recordings captured during my participation in SXSW 2022 (collectively, “My Likeness”) in connection with SXSW’s products and services, and materials and activities that promote SXSW’s products or services in any medium, including, without limitation through the SXSW event platforms, social media channels, owned and operated website, and the SXSW media partner outlets (collectively, the “SXSW Materials”). I understand and agree that (a) there will be no financial or other monetary compensation to me for such use of My Likeness in the SXSW Materials, (b) SXSW shall have the right to edit, rearrange, vary, change, alter, modify, and delete My Likeness in the SXSW Materials without changing the substance or meaning, (c) no promotions or other material incorporating My Likeness need be submitted to me for any further approval and SXSW shall be without liability to me for any use of My Likeness, and (d) SXSW shall be the exclusive owner of all right, title and interest, including copyright, in the SXSW Materials.
- I consent to SXSW collecting, processing and using the personal data I supplied in this application in order to review my materials and communicate with me about the application.
- I acknowledge and agree that in order to improve the SXSW experience or due to causes outside of the control of SXSW, SXSW reserves the right to: (a) modify the dates, locations or method of participating in SXSW 2022; and/or (b) cancel, modify or suspend applications for SXSW 2022, whether accepted or not. I agree that SXSW may notify me of any of these modifications by posting a notice on its website. I agree that I will have no remedy against SXSW, at law or in equity or otherwise, if (x) the dates, locations or methods of participating in SXSW 2022 change; or (y) my application is denied, cancelled, or suspended, regardless of the reason.
- These Terms and Conditions will be interpreted by, and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas regardless of applicable choice of law rules. I agree that the exclusive venue for any dispute between me and SXSW related to my application will be in a court of competent jurisdiction in Travis County, Texas.
By clicking the box below, I agree to these Terms and Conditions and that the information in my application is accurate, I have the rights necessary to share the materials contained in this application, and my application will not infringe on any third party’s rights or violate any applicable laws.